So you’re running SBS 2011, and recently you notice (or an end user reports) that when trying to log in to your SBS 2011 Remote Web Workplace (RWW) you receive:
404 – File or directory not found.
The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.
You check your server, all is good. You test internally, and all is good. Absolutely no errors! What’s going on?
Well, as Microsoft pushes out updates to it’s Internet Explorer web browser (and with users upgrading to Windows 8, or Windows 8.1), the compatibility with the Remote Web Workplace is broken and/or lost.
To fix this, you need to add your RWW site to your Internet Explorer Compatibility list:
1) Open Internet Explorer, and go to your Remote Web Workplace login page. (DO NOT LOG IN YET)
2) Press the “Alt” button which brings up the internet explorer menus
3) Drop down “Tools” and then go to “Compatibility View Settings”.
4) Your internet domain should be in the “Add this website” box, just press the “Add” button, then hit Close.
5) Close out of Internet Explorer, and then go back in and try getting on remotely.
Note: If you clear your internet history, you will lose the above settings and have to re set them!
And BAM! It should now work without any problems whatsoever!