Welcome to Episode 03.1 of The Tech Journal Vlog (Special Episode on VMware Horizon 8 Version 2106)
In this episode – VMware Horizon 8 Version 2106
This is a special episode dedicated to the release of VMware Horizon View 8, version 2106.
In the video, I cover what’s new in the 2106 release.
My Favorite Changes & Enhancements:
- Audio recording support for 48Khz Audio via RTAV, defaults to 16Khz
- Persistence on Audio quality recording settings across sessions
- Sample Rate can be configured via GPO
- VMware Horizon Linux Client supports Microsoft Teams Optimization
- Linux Based Zero Clients should add functionality shortly (10ZiG already has!)
- Raspberry Pi 4 Support!!!!
- Also supports RTAV
Other interesting changes and enhancements:
- UI Change on VMware Horizon Client
- Instant Clones now support SysPrep: Instant Clones with Parent
- No duplicate SIDs when using SysPrep
- Ability to use 6 x 4K Displays
- No Longer have to re-install VMware Horizon Agent after VMware Tools Upgrade
- Forgot to mention: Support added for USB Redirection with Xbox Gaming Controllers
- VMware OSOT Optimization tool Versioning now matches Horizon
- Removal of Custom Templates
- VMware VDI Base Image Creation Guide has been updated
- New guide on automating the VMware VDI Base Image Creation added
Links Mentioned in this post:
- StratoDesk RPI4 VDI Client
- ThinLinx RPI4 VDI Client
- VMware OSOT Optimization Tool
- VMware Manual Base Image Creation Guide
- VMware Automated Base Image Creation Guide
- VMware Horizon 8 Version 2106 Release Notes
- VMware: What’s new with Horizon 8 2106
Don’t forget to like and subscribe!
Leave a comment, feedback, or suggestions!