Today we’re deploying a Windows Server 2022 member server and joining it to the domain we created in previous videos. I’ll also be explaining the difference between Domain Credentials and Local Credentials on member servers.
This video will demonstrate and explain the process of deploying a Windows Server 2022 member server, network configuration, DHCP vs Static IPs, and domain credentials vs local credentials.
Check it out and feel free to leave a comment! Scroll down below for more information and details on the guide.
Who’s this guide for
This guide is perfect for a seasoned IT professional or a beginner who is looking at getting experience with Windows Server 2022.
What’s included in the video
In this guide I will walk you through the following:
- Document a new Server deployment
- Configure Networking
- Configure Static IP on Windows Server 2022
- Information on Static IP vs DHCP Reservation (https://www.stephenwagner.com/2019/05/07/static-ip-vs-dhcp-reservation/)
- Join Windows Server 2022 Server to domain as member server
- Discussion on time importance with Active Directory and Domains
- Discussion on Domain Credentials vs Local Credentials
To get started you’ll need:
- 1 x Server (Virtual Machine or Physical Server)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2022 Licensing
- A running Windows Server 2022 Instance (OSE)
- A network router and/or firewall
Hardware/Software used in this demonstration
- VMware vSphere
- HPE DL360p Gen8 Server
- Microsoft Windows Server 2022
- pfSense Firewall