Since I’ve installed and configured my Nvidia GRID K1, I’ve been wanting to do a graphics quality demo video. I finally had some time to put a demo together.
I wanted to highlight what type of graphics can be achieved in a VDI environment. Even using an old Nvidia GRID K1 card, we can still achieve amazing graphical performance in a virtual desktop environment.
This demo outlines 3D accelerated graphics provided by vGPU.
Please see below for the video:
- VMware Horizon View 7.8
- NVidia GRID K1
- GRID vGPU Profile: GRID K180q
- HPe ML310e Gen8 V2
- ESXi 6.5 U2
- Virtual Desktop: Windows 10 Enterprise
- Game: Steam – Counter-Strike Global Offensive (CS:GO)
- Resolution of the Virtual Desktop is set to 1024×768
- Blast Extreme is the protocol used
- Graphics on game are set to max
- Motion is smooth in person, screen recorder caused some jitter
- This video was then edited on that VM using CyberLink PowerDirector
- vGPU is being used on the VM